Coaches, course creators, bloggers, product sellers, drop shippers, virtual assistants… it doesn’t matter what your business model is, list-building no doubt holds a priority spot on your never-ending to-do list.
But there’s a whole lot more to building a responsive list than just creating a lead magnet and posting it on your website.
In this episode I’m sharing the FREE strategies I used this year to grow my list by more than 3,000 engaged subscribers, and you can copy them all, no matter where you’re at in your business journey.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Two things I don’t use for list-building. I’m going to start testing one of them soon, though.
- What I consider to be my most important list-building strategy (they’re all important, but this one is a must have, and I’ll tell you why).
- One strategy I’m considering that has me feeling quite a bit out of my comfort zone (and I’ll probably do it anyway).
Rather read the transcript? Here you go!
- Episode #6: Email Funnels for Non-Marketers: If you’re stuck on what to offer or what to say after you get the opt-in, this episode is for you.
- Missinglettr: This is the social scheduling app I’m testing on a 90-day trial.
- Operations and Marketing Checklists: The first digital product I sold that really took off.
- Piggy Makes Bank: Done-for-you content in the business and self-help niche.
- BC Stack: Dan and Rachel Morris’ annual bundle features 65+ business-building resources.
- Ultimate Bundles: Maybe the OG of bundle sellers, Ultimate Bundles creates and sells several bundles in multiple niches.
- Val’s calendar: Bookmark this one so you can go back to it when you’re on the hunt for an online event to participate in.
- Active Campaign: The email platform I use and recommend. It strikes the perfect balance between power and affordability.
- My affiliate program: If you reach an audience of online business owners or those who want to be, you’d be a perfect fit.
- Debbie Gartner: Debbie teaches sustainable blogging strategies with an emphasis on SEO.
- Business Success Cafe: Weekly 20-minute trainings you can enjoy over a cup of coffee.
- Blogging Success Zone: Lisa Atkinson’s website and training resources.
- VA Virtuosos: Tawnya Sutherland’s annual event for virtual assistants.
- AppSumo: A marketplace for digital product sellers.
- Thrive Themes: Makers of amazing page builders, lead forms, quiz engines, and a host of other must-have plugins for online entrepreneurs.