When I was just getting started online, I knew one thing for sure: I had to start an email list. Everyone said so.
The problem was, beyond creating an opt-in offer, I didn’t have a clue about autoresponders or marketing funnels, so my efforts fell pretty flat.
Then I figured out the backwards approach that I’ve been using for the past four years to grow my list from a couple hundred random email addresses to more than 8,000 active subscribers who buy from me over and over again.
In this episode, I’ll tell you exactly how I did it.
Prefer a transcript instead? Here you go.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- My five-step, backward funnel planning process
- Three rules for creating your opt-in offer
- Questions to ask to identify what your subscriber needs from you before she’s ready to make a purchase
- How to craft emails that address those needs
- The one thing every email in your funnel must have
- One type of email you can’t leave out of your funnel
- AWeber: Still a great email marketing platform for new and established business owners, and they offer outstanding support at every service level.
- Six-Figure Systems: My monthly online business training membership.
- Top 6 Outsourcing Mistakes: Just for giggles. The links and appointment calendar are broken, and I’m no longer taking clients.