When you’re building an online business, knowing what you want to do is just the beginning. Knowing what technology to use to make it happen is an entirely different dilemma.
In this episode, I’ll teach you how to play digital detective to figure out which tools and software to use, how to build a better website, and even how to find great images for your blog.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- A few handy sites to keep in your toolbox for when you want to know what makes a competitor’s website look and run the way it does.
- How to find the perfect image for your blog or sales page with a simple Google search.
- How to use a developer’s tool to see what powers an interesting website element.
- What every online business owner can learn from the copywriting world.
- Why sometimes what you really want to know is hiding in plain sight, and where to find it.
Rather read the transcript? I’ve got you covered.
- How to Learn Online Marketing for Free is part one of this two part series.
- The Martian might just save your life if you ever find yourself stranded on another planet.
- The Life Coach School podcast taught me more than just how to improve my mindset.
- Entrepreneur On Fire features interviews with business owners seven days a week.
- aMember powers my shopping cart and membership site.
- Active Campaign is the email platform I use and recommend.
- Six-Figure Systems gives new and established online business owners the training they need to shortcut the learning curve and find success.
- Steal Like an Artist is Austin Kleon giving you permission to find inspiration where you find it.
- My resources page lists the tools and software I recommend.
- How did you build that? is a blog post about, well, how I built my membership site.
- Fat Stacks Blog is Jon Dykstra’s blog about building niche websites.
- Who Hosts This will tell you just that.
- Site Checker Pro will do the same.
- What WP Theme is That does just what it says it does.
- WP Theme Detector is another alternative for finding out what theme is in use on a website.
- Built With gives you details about software, analytics, and other tools a website uses.
- Blog Marketing Academy is David Risley’s blogging and online business training site.