Membership sites are more popular than ever, and why not? They offer recurring, predictable income, give you loads of content you can repurpose in a variety of ways, and work well as a part of an overall funnel that leads to higher ticket coaching or group programs.
So if you’ve considered starting a membership site of your own, I would not be surprised.
I would also not be shocked if you had questions, because let’s face it, membership sites have a lot of moving parts, and they’re a big commitment. That’s why in this episode, I’m addressing all your most common questions.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why I almost gave up on my membership site after a year of work, and what I did to turn it around.
- Whether or not there’s room on the internet for membership sites that aren’t about business.
- Why passive income and easy money are the myth, but membership sites are still worth starting.
- How much content you need before you can begin.
- What it’s really like to run a membership site from day t0 day.
Prefer a transcript? I got you covered right here.
- Six-Figure Systems is my monthly membership site where we talk all things online marketing, from list building to course creation to membership sites.
- Five common options for membership site hosting:
- WordPress is my choice for Six-Figure Systems.
- Teachable is a popular choice.
- Podia is an up-and-coming provider with some great features.
- MemberVault has a full-featured free option for up to 100 members.
- Kajabi is more popular among high-ticket course creators.
Are you ready to launch a membership site? Find out with this 2-minute checklist.
You'll also be automatically subscribed to my more-or-less daily email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
I am so thankful that you shared this part of your business journey. I actually took the leap earlier this year and started a membership. But I have to admit, although I was excited about it at the time, I don’t think I fully understood the commitment involved. This episode gave me a new perspective on the power of the membership model and reinvigorated my interest in continuing to build my membership. My plan is to take a new look at how I can improve my membership engagement and provide value to my members. Thank you Cindy! You hit it out of the park again!
So glad you found it helpful Adrienne! Yes, membership sites are amazing, but you have to go into it with your eyes wide open for sure!