If I could offer you one piece of advice about starting an online business, it would be this:
Don’t wait to create your first digital product.
Sure, there are loads of ways you can make money from an online business. You can be a coach, or a freelance writer, or an affiliate marketer, or build websites or publish a Substack or write a blog.
I even know of one couple who hunt for scorpions and tarantulas on their property that they then sell online. #onlyinarizona
Clearly, you have a lot of options. But when it comes to leverage, digital products offer the most flexibility and potential for growth.
They’re what building a Tiny Course Empire is all about.
Here’s the kicker though. Getting started can feel hard. It can look overwhelming. It can come with a lot of self-imposed pressure to get it just right. And that’s the kind of thinking that will keep you stuck right where you’re at.
I’ve watched brilliant people with solid skills spend years creating and then updating a “signature course,” while never quite getting to the launch pad, because it’s never good enough. It’s never done, at least in their eyes.
There’s a better, more achievable approach, and that’s to create a simple digital product. Nothing fancy here. Just a solution your audience needs, in a format they can use, at a price they can afford.
It really doesn’t get any easier. I’ll walk you through how to do it in this episode of the Tiny Course Empire podcast.
Prefer a transcript? Here you go!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Three guidelines that make it easier to create your first digital product
- The question that will instantly determine what your first product should be
- How we try to talk ourselves out of creating paid products (and why we’re wrong every single time)
- My favorite ideas for quick products anyone can create
- Top picks for product sales platforms that are perfect for new creators
- Six-Figure Systems is my monthly program where you’ll learn online business building strategies that work. Get instant access to all of our courses and toolkits, plus live workshops, Q & A Calls, and more.
- SendOwl.com is a low-cost, easy-to-use sales platform for digital downloads.
- WarriorPlus.com is a marketplace where you can sell digital downloads and courses. It mostly caters to the online marketing niche.
- EJunkie.com is another marketplace for selling digital downloads.
- PayPal is the most popular payment processor for online transactions.
- Stripe is an easy-to-use credit card processing company.
- How to build an audience from scratch (Online Business Roadmap Step 1)
- How to create your first opt-in offer (Online Business Roadmap Step 2)
- Create a newsletter habit (Online Business Roadmap Step 3)