Quick, what’s the most important thing you should be focusing on right now to build your business?
Is it traffic? Starting an email list? Creating a product? Branding? Website? Keywords? Something else?
Or maybe all of that, plus a dozen more “must do” projects.
If that big pile of unfinished, disorganized ideas is weighing you down and causing you to rethink you goal of even starting a business, this episode and those that follow in this series are for you.
Grab a notebook and a pen, sit back, and get ready to find your focus and nail those first critical steps towards a sustainable, profitable online business. You’ve got this.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- The most important place you can be spending your time right now, when you’re just getting ready to launch your business
- A surprising benefit of regular content creation (and it’s not about traffic or list-building or even product creation)
- How to finally get clear on your niche (takes five seconds)
- Why you should stop worrying about SEO (maybe not forever, but definitely for now)
- Why you don’t need a website to get started (I never, ever thought I’d say that, but it’s true)
- Why it’s critical that you focus on just one thing, and that you don’t get hung up in the details
- Six-Figure Systems is my monthly program where you’ll learn the strategies and tactics that are working right now in the digital marketing space.
- Dawson Trotman was an evangelist and founder of the Navigators.
- Brooke Castillo is the founder of the Life Coach School.
- Medium.com invites content creators in any niche to share their expertise and ideas for free.
- Substack.com lets independent writers and podcasters publish directly to their audience and get paid through subscriptions.