A friend of mine asked me recently how I plan my year. While I’m always on the lookout for ways to improve, it’s rare for me to actually sit down and have a year-end planning session.
This year, the husband and I sat down and reviewed the past year, made concrete plans for 2022 and beyond, and basically acted like business owners with, you know, a business to run.
I broke it all down for you in this week’s episode.
Prefer a transcript? Here’s an AI version that’s probably not very good, but might be useful for skimming. 🙂
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How we evaluated this past year with an eye towards future growth
- What we did to set better goals than we have in the past (hint: it’s not all about money)
- How I discovered what I should NOT be doing with my time
- The tools and strategies I’m using to make good decisions as the business continues to grow, including this one:
- Free to Focus by Michael Hyatt
- Clockify is my time-tracking app of choice.
- Toggl is good, too.
- Rhodia makes my new favorite notebook.
- AsianEfficiency.com is where I learned the three questions.
- Igor does an amazing (and fast) job editing this podcast.
- The 2022 business planning mind map