I’ve watched students, clients, friends, and colleagues struggle with digital product creation—sometimes taking months or even years to create a single product.
When you’re just getting started and not earning much (or anything) yet, that’s a bad spot to be in. It might be keeping you stuck in a day job you hate. It might erode your excitement about being in business at all. It definitely undermines your confidence about your future business growth.
It’s also not bringing in any money.
A quick win can make all the difference, so in this episode, I’m giving you 14 ideas for digital products you can create in a weekend, including plenty of real-life examples.
All you have to do is pick one and get started.
Prefer a transcript? Here you go!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Two hot niches for easy-to-create digital products.
- How to repurpose your personal digital assets into something you can sell.
- Two things you can sell before you even create them.
- Where to sell digital goods if you don’t have a website.
- 6 Online Business Models to Try offers more ideas to earn money in your business.
- Conjure Clients Out of Thin Air is a product I created from emails I sent to clients and prospects when I was a new freelancer looking for work.
- Funnel Builder’s Checklist Pack is the checklist product I wrote while sitting on the patio watching the husband grill up some dinner.
- Karon Thackston’s Blog Post Shortcuts are created from her own notes to herself, and they’re one of her top sellers.
- Win Back Your Audience is an ebook I wrote in just two days.
- Stephanie Lewis creates and sells guided meditations on her site and through meditation apps.
- Etsy is a popular marketplace for digital and physical goods.
- Teachers Pay Teachers encourages teachers to sell their lesson plans and printables to other teachers.
Download Your Online Business Roadmap
You'll also be automatically subscribed to my more-or-less daily email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Hi Cindy – I’ve bought several of your products, but this is my first podcast – fantastic information! It’s motivating me to produce some small products quickly (without over thinking it)!
Glad to hear that Tina! Small products are super fun!
I’m unable to see any details on Christy, can you please share.
Crissy’s website is IndieBizChicks. I’ve reached out to her for a direct link to her done-for-you websites, and will update this when I hear back from her.
I love your podcasts, they are so motivating! Keep the podcasts coming 🙂 There are some great ideas in this one. I sell printables and I love creating them, but I must say I have not created any of them in a day….Lol Here is the link to the printables that I have created blockpartyservices.com/prints
Thanks Rowena! I’m glad you’re enjoying the podcast, and thanks for sharing the link to your printables!
Hi. Some great ideas. Although making money at Stock Photos takes a lot of time and effort (I’ve been at it for years). I also have a printable games store that you can check out. Thanks! https://shop.familygameshelf.com/
Good point Stephanie! There is definitely time and effort involved if you want to earn a great living at it. I think that’s true for most things. The “5 Second Games” on your site are super cute, too. Thanks for sharing that link!
Thanks for the ideas! I have a few digital products for sale on my site http://www.simplyameryn.com/shop and some on teacherspayteachers.com/store/homeschool-like-a-mother
I’ll definitely be adding more things soon!
That’s great Ameryn! Thanks for sharing your website with us!
Thanks for the ideas! I really enjoy your podcasts. I have a few printables I’ve made to sell on Etsy, https://www.etsy.com/shop/SMDPrintables. The bookmarks I made myself, the rest I made mostly from PLR I’ve purchased or got free.
Thanks Shannon! Love the puppy training planner. So cute! Thanks for sharing!
Loved this! I’ve heard information about this before, but for some reason the way you explained it, was so clear, and made it sound so doable. I’ve been starting to add planners and journals for crafters on my website and Etsy. But, quit for awhile, and starting again. I have been working on more specialty craft planners, coming out soon, and this was just the inspiration I needed to just get it out, rather than work it until perfection. Lol!
My website: https://homespunluxury.com/products
That’s excellent Gina! Thanks for sharing the link to your printables. I love the yarn ball bands. That’s brilliant!