Congratulations! If you’ve been following along with the last few episodes of this podcast, then you have made it through phase one building an online business from scratch.
So far you’ve established a content publishing routine, created your first opt-in offer, build a newsletter habit, released a paid product, and written a sales page for it. Well done!
With that foundation in place, now you’re in a great position to start growing, so in this episode, we’re going to circle back to your content routine, and look for ways you can improve your results.
We’ll make plans for getting in front of a wider audience, driving more traffic, and refining your messaging to better appeal to your ideal customer.
Prefer a transcript? Here you go!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to know what your audience needs from you (including paid products to create)
- Why you should be publishing your content on more than one channel
- Why now is the right time to build your own website if you haven’t yet done that
- How to borrow other people’s audiences to boost your own
- How to get started with search engine optimization
- Why it’s important to pay attention to your own content preferences, too
- How to build an audience from scratch (Online Business Roadmap Step 1)
- How to create your first opt-in offer (Online Business Roadmap Step 2)
- Create a newsletter habit (Online Business Roadmap Step 3)
- Creating your first digital product (Online Business Roadmap Step 4)
- How to write a simple sales page (Online Business Roadmap Step 5)
- Stupid Simple SEO is the most comprehensive SEO training I’ve seen
- Easy On-Page SEO (for beginners) offers simple strategies for getting started with search optimization
- Medium.com is a publishing platform used by thousands of bloggers and podcasters in hundreds of niches.
- Substack.com offers both blogging and newsletter management, and provides a way for creators to get paid, too.