I get asked that question a lot, so in this episode of the podcast, I’m breaking down most of the systems we use to run this tiny empire.
When I sat down to make the list, I realized I could talk for days about this stuff. There are a lot of pieces that all work together to create what you see on the blog, as a customer, or in the member site. I can’t possibly cover them all in a single episode, so this episode focuses on the big players.
If you have questions about something not mentioned here, post them below. I’m happy to answer any questions you have, or help you choose your own online business technology.
Prefer a transcript? Here you go!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What’s behind this website (and why I’d never choose any other website builder)
- What course platform I use and why
- Why I use aMember as my shopping cart
- What I use to edit my course videos (yep, I do all video editing myself)
- How I create sales and landing pages
- Why I chose the website theme I chose
- What I love about Active Campaign for email management
- How to Choose Your Tech Stack is a good place to start if you’re feeling overwhelmed at all the options out there.
- WordPress.org is the only website platform I use and recommend.
- LiquidWeb is where we host all our websites. MomWebs is a beginner-friendly alternative.
- Astra is the theme on cindybidar.com
- Memberoni is the theme that powers my course site, and it’s available to members of the Membership Academy.
- Thrive Architect and Thrive Leads are both a part of Thrive Suite.
- aMember is my shopping cart and affiliate platform, and it also controls access to courses and the membership.
- Active Campaign is my email platform. Here’s a free course that shows you how I use it.
- Canva Pro is my go-to tool for graphics, slide decks, and document design.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro is what I use to create fillable PDFs.
- Camtasia is my preferred video editor.
- Sendgrid is the SMTP server I use for better email deliverability.
- Deadline Funnel makes it easy to create countdown timers for sales pages and email campaigns.
- Libsyn hosts the audio files for this podcast.
- Acuity Scheduling handles appointment booking for clients and others.
- Zoom is where we host all of our Six-Figure Systems Q & A calls.
- LiveWebinar is what I use to host webinars.
- Vimeo is our video hosting platform.
Download Your Online Business Roadmap
You'll also be automatically subscribed to my more-or-less daily email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.