If there’s anything we struggle with when it comes to email marketing, it’s this:How often should I mail my list, and what can I send them? Click To Tweet
Sound familiar? Maybe you’ve asked yourself those same questions, too.
Personally, my goal is to mail every day. It’s important to me to create a vibrant community of like-minded entrepreneurs, and to provide them with actionable tips and solid business-building information and resources, and I believe the best way to do that is through email.
But like everyone, I sometimes have trouble finding new things to say (which is why, if you’re on my list, you don’t always hear from me every day).
Then I sat down to really think about it, and I realized that there a lots (and lots, and lots) of things I can share with you that are helpful or thought provoking or funny or money making.
Here’s what I came up with. Now, whenever I need a little inspiration, this is where I turn. Maybe it will help you as well.
49 Emails You Can Send to Your List
- A how-to email with instructions for completing a task
- A video review of a new tool or resource
- Your opinion about a strategy or resource
- Reader questions and your answers
- Your product FAQs
- A teaser and link to your latest blog post
- A teaser and link to an old blog post your reader may have missed
- A teaser and link to someone else’s blog post
- Book reviews or recommended reading list
- Commentary on an interesting social media discussion
- A text interview with a guest expert
- A funny or inspirational video
- An infographic
- A “flash sale” offer
- Pros and cons of a tool or strategy
- A customer survey
- An invitation to an upcoming webinar or other event
- A personal update
- A resource list
- A quick challenge to get them motivated to take action
- A behind-the-scenes look at your business
- A downloadable PDF or list-magnet
- A mistake you made (and the lesson you learned)
- A curated list of related posts from around the web
- A regular newsletter
- A myth-busting article
- A teaser about a new project you have in the works
- A case study
- Industry news and current events
- A cautionary tale
- The story of something that didn’t work out as planned
- Something you wish you knew when you were just starting out
- Industry stats or survey results
- An exclusive coupon
- Product or service updates
- A testimonial or feedback request
- A self assessment or quiz
- Best buys in your industry
- A quick, actionable tip
- A controversial opinion
- Links to your current or past interviews and appearances
- A sneak peek at your paid course
- A short training series or ecourse
- Income, growth, traffic or other stats
- A personal introduction to a colleague
- Seasonal tips or reminders
- New product announcement
- Promo of an older product
- A list (like this!)
What about you? What will YOU mail your list today?
Share your ideas in the comments, and if your list-building efforts could use a little help, grab my list of opt-in incentive ideas below.
51 Opt-In Incentive
Ideas That Convert
Easily fill your funnels with these inspiring, informative, and engaging freebies your subscribers will be eager to download!
Cindy, what a terrific post! I LOVE these ideas so much I sent a link to this article to my mailing list. I think they’ll find your suggestions inspiring. 🙂
Thanks Avery! I’m glad you found them useful! 🙂
What will I mail my lists today? This blog post. 🙂 And a story about how I’ve been feeling puny lately. Maybe someone reading it can relate and feel ready to try something new.
Excellent idea! I love it! 🙂
Cindy!! You were my nominee and blog posts like this is why!! I’m so inspired!! Thanks for sharing such value packed content!!
Thanks Angel! I so glad you found this helpful. 🙂
This is great! It’ll help me fight the tendency to want to write epic emails, for one thing. Time to lighten up a little!
Thanks for the great ideas, Cindy!
I did some brainstorming for some blog posts an hour before your email arrived. These tips will definitely become part of my list. I’ll definitely be sharing your post too.
These are great ideas Cindy. They’re not all suitable for my niche, but they help generate other ideas that would be. I’m starting from scratch, trying to build a new list with Active Campaign as well as juggling website creation, course content and lead magnets. Wondering what to email my peeps has had me procrastinating for almost a year!
Being a member of your 6 figure program is helping me get there bit-by-bit and I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, so thanks 🙂
Yes! The light at the end of the tunnel is fantastic! 🙂