If there’s anything we struggle with when it comes to email marketing, it’s this:How often should I mail my list, and what can I send them? Click To Tweet
Sound familiar? Maybe you’ve asked yourself those same questions, too.
Personally, my goal is to mail every day. It’s important to me to create a vibrant community of like-minded entrepreneurs, and to provide them with actionable tips and solid business-building information and resources, and I believe the best way to do that is through email.
But like everyone, I sometimes have trouble finding new things to say (which is why, if you’re on my list, you don’t always hear from me every day).
Then I sat down to really think about it, and I realized that there a lots (and lots, and lots) of things I can share with you that are helpful or thought provoking or funny or money making.
Here’s what I came up with. Now, whenever I need a little inspiration, this is where I turn. Maybe it will help you as well.
49 Emails You Can Send to Your List
- A how-to email with instructions for completing a task
- A video review of a new tool or resource
- Your opinion about a strategy or resource
- Reader questions and your answers
- Your product FAQs
- A teaser and link to your latest blog post
- A teaser and link to an old blog post your reader may have missed
- A teaser and link to someone else’s blog post
- Book reviews or recommended reading list
- Commentary on an interesting social media discussion
- A text interview with a guest expert
- A funny or inspirational video
- An infographic
- A “flash sale” offer
- Pros and cons of a tool or strategy
- A customer survey
- An invitation to an upcoming webinar or other event
- A personal update
- A resource list
- A quick challenge to get them motivated to take action
- A behind-the-scenes look at your business
- A downloadable PDF or list-magnet
- A mistake you made (and the lesson you learned)
- A curated list of related posts from around the web
- A regular newsletter
- A myth-busting article
- A teaser about a new project you have in the works
- A case study
- Industry news and current events
- A cautionary tale
- The story of something that didn’t work out as planned
- Something you wish you knew when you were just starting out
- Industry stats or survey results
- An exclusive coupon
- Product or service updates
- A testimonial or feedback request
- A self assessment or quiz
- Best buys in your industry
- A quick, actionable tip
- A controversial opinion
- Links to your current or past interviews and appearances
- A sneak peek at your paid course
- A short training series or ecourse
- Income, growth, traffic or other stats
- A personal introduction to a colleague
- Seasonal tips or reminders
- New product announcement
- Promo of an older product
- A list (like this!)
What about you? What will YOU mail your list today?
Share your ideas in the comments, and if your list-building efforts could use a little help, grab my list of opt-in incentive ideas below.